Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Portraits

I obviously enjoy drawing people most. And I love drawing portraits. That's why most of my freehand doodles are heads floating in space, but that's not the point I'm trying to get across. What I'm trying to say is that a lot of times innocent people become unaware victims of involountary modelling, whether it be at Starbucks or Stockholm's central station.

Sometimes Starbucks are pretty empty, at least on summer mornings, or maybe it's just a Warsaw thing. With no faces sticking around long enough, I just may end up doodling that mutated double-tailed mermaid from Starbucks' logo. (Yes, that fishy lady has two tails in case you haven't noticed before.)



Or some other faces I felt like drawing at the time.





But for better or worse, people will eventually come in the end.
Being interested in animation, I very much enjoy drawing in more stylized, cartoony style.
The following are based off actual people:



But I guess I do have the Florence Academy on the educational part of my CV so sometimes I try to make it more realistic, yet still stylized drawings; and sometimes I try to draw realistically but end up with cartoony anyways. Obviously I've got a lot to study and I can't pretend I don't. ;)





Speaking of school work, I copied two portrait Bargue plates at school during my first year. This is one of them, the unknown woman of Seine.



Sometimes, very rarely, I draw self-portraits. I made following quick (some 20-30 minutes) work yesterday when having an exhausting, very extended (in terms of time - it lasted a couple of hours) anxiety attack and was trying simply anything to refocus my attention.

They say that Photoshop is supposed to make people on the pictures pretty, I think there's something wrong with my version. ಠ_ಠ ;)



Blah, that's a downer way to end a post but I'm out of more pictures that I wanna submit, haha.
I guess good news is that I'm working on two bigger portrait projects - they're nowhere close to being finished yet, but hopefully at some point this winter I'll get them done. :)

Hope you liked it all, see you next time!

2 comments:

  1. Cześć!
    Tu ajir z DA ;) chciałam Ci tylko powiedzieć, że Twoje rysunki wyglądają znakomicie i widać, że studia przynoszą rezultaty ;) Chciałam się tylko zapytać jak Ci się studiuje za granicą? Pewnie ciężko tak daleko od domu D:

    ReplyDelete